The new residency visa legislation was approved by the Spanish Senate yesterday without change to the draft proposal. Known as “Apoyo a los emprendedores y su internacionalización” it will come into effect on the day of its official publication in the state bulletin. Expected in a few weeks.
Any investor buying Spanish property now will safely qualify for the residency visa. A reminder of the key points:
- Minimum investment of €500,000
- Can be for more multiple properties
- Visa granted to all immediate family members
- No minimum stay requirement
- Applications processed in 20 days (or visa is automatically granted!)
- Freedom of travel throughout the Schengen countries in Europe
Investors interested in obtaining a Spanish residency visa through the purchase of a property please contact us. Please note we can only advise investors who are buying through our real estate agency La Vida Spain. You can visit our selection of qualifying real estate at our Spanish visa property website.